Eureka Entertainment has announced that they are releasing Paths Of Glory, as part of their The Masters Of Cinema series, on blu-ray on 19th September.
Starring Kirk Douglas, Paths Of Glory was the first film where director Stanley Kubrick’s talent shone through, and this film is arguably one of Kubrick’s best. Kubrick would be rewarded for the quality of this film by being selected to direct Spartacus.
Eureka Entertainment have announced that they are releasing the complete series of Resistance, the French TV series about the war-time resistance movement. Originally shown on TF1 in France, the Guardian calls it “… the actual real deal”, going on to call it “smouldering stuff” and “terrific”.
Arrow Films are releasing The Ox-Bow Incident i on 4th July as part of their Arrow Academy label.
Directed by William A Wellman, starring Henry Fonda and Dana Andrews, this is a timeless classic.
Special Edition Contents:
• New 4K digital restoration by Twentieth Century Fox
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by American West historian Dick Etulain and William Wellman Jr
• Introduction by Peter Stanfield, author of Hollywood, Westerns and the 1930s: The Lost Trail and Horse Opera: The Strange History of the Singing Cowboy
• Scene-select commentaries by Stanfield
• Henry Fonda: Hollywood’s Quiet Hero, a 45-minute documentary on the actor from the Biography series
• Stills gallery
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Vladimir Zimakov
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing by Nick Pinkerton