Enemy Mine is released on blu-ray disc, courtesy of Eureka Entertainment.
Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr star in Wolfgang Petersen’s Enemy Mine, a cracking science fiction film made in 1985 straight after Petersen’s hit with The NeverEnding Story.
- Gorgeous 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
Bruce Dern stars in Doug Trumbull’s directorial debut Silent Running, released on blu-ray by Eureka Entertainment as a part of their acclaimed The Masters Of Cinema series.
Mark Kermode calls Silent Running one of the “greatest movies ever made” in his Kermode Uncut feature. I’m a big fan of 2001, something that Doug Trumbull worked on, but Kermode’s three minute eulogy to Silent Running is fascinating – he describes this film as “the yin to 2001’s yang”
- Exclusively restored beautiful high-definition 1080p transfer
- Full-length commentary by director Douglas Trumbull and actor Bruce Dern
- Isolated music and effects track
- Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
- The Making of Silent Running, a 1972 on-set documentary [50:00 minutes approx]
- Two video pieces with Douglas Trumbull [31:00 + 5:00]
- A Conversation with Bruce Dern, a discussion with the actor [11:00]
- Original theatrical trailer [3:00]
- A lavish 48-page full-colour booklet featuring rare photographs and artwork from Trumbull’s personal collection, and recollections of the film’s cinematographer, special designs coordinator, and composer
Eureka Entertainment have released the 1960s classic science fiction film Robinson Crusoe On Mars on a dual format DVD and Blu Ray Disc set.
I love good science fiction, and this was one of my favourite films growing up, – it was always on TV during the Christmas holidays, something that The Guardian’s Peter Bradshaw observed as well. Perhaps The Times put it better, when they selected this film as their Classic Film Of The Week, describing it as “more kitsch curio than classic movie”. They too drew comparisons between this film, and Matt Damon’s The Martian.