Eureka Entertainment has released Paths Of Glory, as part of their The Masters Of Cinema series, on blu-ray.
Starring Kirk Douglas, Paths Of Glory was the first film where director Stanley Kubrick’s talent shone through, and this film is arguably one of Kubrick’s best. Kubrick would be rewarded for the quality of this film by being selected to direct Spartacus.
High-definition digital presentation
English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
New video interview with Kubrick scholar Peter Kramer
New video interview with filmmaker Richard Ayoade
Original theatrical trailer
Isolated music & effects track
PLUS: A booklet featuring the words of Kubrick, and more
Eureka Entertainment have announced that they are releasing the complete series of Resistance, the French TV series about the war-time resistance movement. Originally shown on TF1 in France, the Guardian calls it “… the actual real deal”, going on to call it “smouldering stuff” and “terrific”.
Arrow Films are releasing The Ox-Bow Incident i on 4th July as part of their Arrow Academy label.
Directed by William A Wellman, starring Henry Fonda and Dana Andrews, this is a timeless classic.
Special Edition Contents:
• New 4K digital restoration by Twentieth Century Fox
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by American West historian Dick Etulain and William Wellman Jr
• Introduction by Peter Stanfield, author of Hollywood, Westerns and the 1930s: The Lost Trail and Horse Opera: The Strange History of the Singing Cowboy
• Scene-select commentaries by Stanfield
• Henry Fonda: Hollywood’s Quiet Hero, a 45-minute documentary on the actor from the Biography series
• Stills gallery
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Vladimir Zimakov
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing by Nick Pinkerton
Eureka Entertainment has announced it is releasing five films directed by FW Murnau as a box set in The Masters Of Cinema series. Presented for the first time in high definition, the films are Schlob Vogelod, Phantom, Der Letzte Mann, The Grand Duke’s Finances, and Tartuffe.
– New high-definition presentations of all five films, created by the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung
– Uncompressed PCM audio on all five scores
– Original German-language intertitles with newly translated optional English-language subtitles on all films
– The Language of the Shadows: Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau and His Films, a 31-minute video piece by Luciano Berriatúa on the early works of Murnau
– Audio commentary by film scholar David Kalat on The Grand Duke’s Finances
– The Making of The Last Laugh, a 41-minute documentary by Murnau expert Luciano Berriatúa
– Tartuffe: The Lost Film, a 37-minute documentary by Berriatúa
– A 100-page book featuring writing by Charles Jameux, Lotte H. Eisner, Janet Bergstrom, Tony Rayns, archival imagery, and more!